Forney ISD administrators, teachers and board of trustees met with community members, business leaders, parents and students and worked together to develop the district's three to five year strategic plan. The strategic planning process included developing a district Mission Statement, Vision Statement and strategies in five key areas of operation for the district.
|Forney ISD Mission Statement
In partnership with parents and community, Forney ISD will create
and sustain an environment to maximize the potential of each learner.
Forney ISD Vision Statement
Inspiring Students Through Innovative Education
Forney ISD Strategies
Teaching and Learning
1. Increase the academic rigor and engage students to optimize learning.
1.1 - Design curricula and assessments to incorporate innovation and increase academic rigor.
1.2 - Provide on-going instructional learning opportunities to enhance the delivery of engaging curricula.
2. All stakeholders will extend support that will foster a culture of value to produce and retain quality employees.
2.1 - Create a comprehensive recruitment and retention plan.
2.2 - Establish systemic support to maximize employee satisfaction and the quality of work life.
3. Continually evaluate, modify and refine our classrooms and facilities to adapt to the changing needs of our students and our community.
3.1 - Evaluate how ever-changing curriculum, instruction and technology needs will impact existing and future district facilities.
3.2 - Explore opportunities to cooperate with the City of Forney to address district and community facility needs.
Funding and Finance
4. All stakeholders will optimize resources to enhance sustainable student success.
4.1 - Maximize current funding resources and secure additional funding relationships.
4.2 - Focus/redirect discretionary resources to those activities that have the greatest impact on sustainable student success.
5. Utilize relevant communication methods to ensure that accurate and timely information is conveyed among students, staff, parents and community members.
5.1 - Identify and evaluate targeted modes of communication.
5.2 - Develop a communication plan that generates collaboration.